Denim Size help by Body Shape!
Knowing and EMBRACING your body shape is so important for dressing and feeling confident! It is 1,000% ok to acknowledge that every style will NOT look great on every body shape!
Scroll past the video collection for more written help :-)
We ONLY carry Mid and High Rise denim styles that stretch to compliment the curves. In general, take your EVEN department store size and size down ONE size to find your starting size for each pair that Ashley will talk about in each fit video.
- Size 2-16 Regular will always start sizing down one for their base size.
- 14 wears a 13, 12 wears an 11.
- Size 14W-24W if you know your Torrid/Lane Bryant size will be true to size.
- If you know your Old Navy/AE/Gap size, size down ONE for your base size. (20 wears an 18w, 18 wears a 16w, 16 plus size wider hip wears our 14w and 16/17 narrow hips with tummy weight wears our 15 regular)
Always watch the fit video for the pair you're looking at. Cotton Content, Rise, Color, Cut and overall wash can sometimes make a pair super stretchy and we want to make sure you get the correct size the first time.
Please note: We do reference sizing from your EVEN size because we find that odd sizes in many stores run small and are confusing. Ash is a 14 in most stores and a 13 in Judy Blue but if she went off her ODD size at Target/AE she would be in the 15 while many of our 2-6 ladies like their smaller odd size in many stores. Starting with your even size is the best apples to apples sizing comparison.
We have sizing videos below for:
- 14/16 reg vs 14w-24w
- Apple & Pear body shapes
- Inseam & Rise
- 2-16 Regular sizing
- Rectangle & Hourglass Body shapes
- Height and longer inseams
- CLICK HERE FOR ALL VIDEOS
Rectangle & Hour Glass body shapes:
- May find that sizing down 2 odd sizes or 1 plus size is best to keep the curves hugged and have that booty pop fit when pairs have great stretch (each pair has a fit video and written listing).
- Most denim styles will be flattering on these shapes in general.
- How you carry weight in your tummy area will likely determine your FAVORITE jean types.
- Boyfriend and relaxed fit jeans may fit baggy Or fitted depending on your leg composition. Ashley has muscular legs so most straight/boyfriend jeans have a fitted straight leg appearance on her.
Pear and Apple shapes:
- Often struggle with fit of skinny jeans.
- Many prefer a straight leg. The reason for this is that sizing to accomodate a larger tummy and smaller legs means that skinny jeans can be baggy in the legs and look awkward as they taper in at the ankle. A straight/relaxed leg will look intentional with room.
- If you want to show off some silhouette, slim/relaxed and straight leg will be your bestie!
- Boyfriend jeans will have a straight leg also. If you want to hide a bit of your shape, boyfriend jeans worn with a top long enough to cover your hips will be a great option also.